Monday 29 April 2013

WHIMBREL at College 21 April

Started at the Beacon in the hope of Gdn warbler but only Blackcap, Common Whitethroat, Chiffchaff & Willow Warbler.


Next Marsworth where both Reed and Sedge Warbler were singing but only saw Sedge

Then on to Wendover Woods with Charlie where it was very quiet but Charlie eventually located the song of a Firecrest which I 'called' down to within 3 metres where it sang at me! See Charlie's pic.

I then left Charlie and went to College Lake where I 'jammed' in on a WHIMBREL on the deck and had a good view through some ones 'scope' who I didn't know but kindly let use his. Before I could put the message out it flew did a couple of circuits and left. I then did get through to Dave B. I also had good views of Sedge and Reed Warbler at College in the reed/willows on the Octagon hide path with Richard Woodhead who I bumped into. Only the Reed was singing.

Francis Buckle

No comments: