Sunday 24 July 2011

SHAG still present












SATURDAY 23 JULY

Anyway at about 5:30 I counted 18 Little Egrets all visible at the same time – I couldn’t prove that there were more but I couldn’t account for one I had seen a few minutes earlier. Also at that time the juvenile SHAG was on the bank between the Drayton Sluice and the central bushes (see Dave Bilcock's new shots above). Also two redshank, 4+ Common Sandpipers, Mandarin and Ian Williams found 2 LRPs – presumably local birds.

Later while doing my last TTV near Ringshall I found 2 adult and 1 juv Spotted Flycatcher – although far enough apart to indicate two pairs. Also saw Marsh Tit (Roy Hargreaves).


Nearby, the two COMMON REDSTARTS were still present in Incombe Hole, Sally Douglas obtaining an image of one of them above.

No comments: