Saturday 6 November 2010

4 November

Today, with it being windy, the Black-necked Grebe was not obvious, unlike yesterday when it was easy to see by the jetty. The Little Egret was seen yet again in the creek to the right of the hide – seems to enjoy the easy fishing there. Yesterday I had three more Brambling fly over and a few Siskins as well.

Today’s highlights were two Dunlin that flew in from the east and landed on the mud near the Golden Plover. I also saw a Raven flying across by the Dry Canal – dwarfing the two accompanying Carrion Crows. Raven really is becoming easier to see near Wilstone now that they are breeding nearby.

Recently I have also been seeing coveys of Red-legged Partridge in the fields to the west and south-west of the reservoir. My highest count so far is fourteen – I think this is my best count ever (Roy Hargreaves).

No comments: