Tuesday 14 April 2009

More RING OUZELS

A good morning on the IVINGHOE HILLS started with a RING OUZEL chacking by the S bend, not seen until a 'black bird' flew off low through the bushes towards the Beacon. A few minutes later a EURASIAN CURLEW flew East along the Beacon and then off to the North. 10 minutes later David Bilcock found 2 RING OUZELS on the Beacon which may have included the same one, although they were some distance away.
I then located a singing GRASSHOPPER WARBLER on Steps Hill, on the bottom path, which myself David and Stuart enjoyed. I then walked around the bottom path with Stuart where the surprise was a singing Sedge Warbler, which I think may be the first I've recorded here and my first of the year.
Nothing of note in Income Hole but a singing Common Whitethroat on the slope above was my first of the year.
10 Common Terns at Startops were the only birds of note there.
Weston Turville Res' held my first Western Reed Warbler of the year.
(Mike Wallen)

No comments: